Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy busy busy!

Well it's all been rather busy for me recently, but I do love it really...

Well okay I wasn't loving it on Friday when I had only had about five hours sleep when I was called to cover someone for a couple of hours, and then when I got back to the office I *had* been in (after being told off for leaving it looking like a bedroom, which was due to having to go and cover someone) I had a shower in the office en-suite... which flooded downstairs... then I remembered I had promised to wait for the IT guy, who was an hour late, then I quickly ran next door to get my lunch and be able to start work an hour early... ahh what a day!!! It was never-ending I tell you! You had better believe I felt like having a temper-tantrum, and that was *before* I realised the shower was flooding!

It's not like that every day I swear! Just that day will be etched in my memory for a long time to come...

But I'm home now for a blissful two nights and one day! I'm going to go shopping (for food), cook my own dinner... maybe... maybe I will have people to go to the pub with. We will see. Oh and washing. Loads of washing :( I think I better do shopping first though, my white clothes have all gone really grey really quickly once I got here. But I've seen products in the supermarket which promise to whiten my clothes, so I may give them a try.

Ummm thats about all for now.

Oh yeah, the banking system in this country is totally archaic. It is just beyond amazing really. Just thought you needed to know. I've got an American workmate, we both spend time marvelling that anything is *ever* achieved through banks here... it actually takes two working days to process an electronic payment. Seriously. Money was sent to my account by work on a Friday morning. It showed up on the TUESDAY!!! Seriously, five days?! Apparently that is basically normal and what you should expect here. That would either be instant in New Zealand, or overnight. Not five days, even including a weekend.

Ahem. So I did get paid eventually. I even managed to send money back to my account in New Zealand (no thanks to my bank here I might add). Which was good, I now have all of the obscure details necessary to send money overseas. Oh and precisely $15 less than the amount I sent. I think I will have to chase up my bank in NZ about that though. My bank here said they would take out their fee from my account as an entirely separate transaction, which I can see on my statement, and even if they hadn't taken it out separately I seriously doubt an amount deducted in £s would come out as a nice round figure in $s. Soooo I think I'll do that tomorrow night. It is almost 1am, and I would like to sleep tonight.

Speaking of sleep...
Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment