Friday, August 26, 2011

Adventures in the making

Having been vaguely reminded that I haven't really updated for a while, I feel compelled to explain that this is largely due to a lack of adventures. I have some in the works, but the last few weeks have been consumed by work dramas and people dramas which aren't actually mine to blog about. However, next week I will be going back to Dinard early next week, then the following week to Paris, and then I'm due to be gainfully unemployed again, so off to the South (Avignon I believe) for a holiday with some friends before returning to the wonderful world of looking for new job. The way I say that implies that I haven't already started looking, which isn't strictly true, I have, but it's hard to look in earnest when you work 12 hours a day, and all you want to do on your days off is get out of the house.

In other news, I moved rooms in the castle. I no longer have to deal with a toilet that you can't flush toilet paper down, but I also no longer have a shower. Well, that's a lie. I do have a shower here, it's just that it is one of those hose-pipe, hold in your hand affairs, over the bath, and there is no form of barrier to keep the water contained. Thus I must bath every night and then just torture myself with some sort of cold-water holding the shower-head over my hair thing in the morning. It isn't ideal. Also, my bed in this room sucks. It looks awesome, but is awful to actually sleep on. And it squeaks. Why did I swap my essentially comfortable room for this thing a floor lower and just across from the childrens playroom, preventing me sleeping in on my mornings off? Well, it has an internet connection. It's prettier too, but mostly it has internet. If only it was going to be more than a few days. Ah well. I might post pictures of this room, it's really quite nice.

Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment