Friday, May 25, 2012

Somebody remind me

Why did I decide to travel? What exactly was it that I was expecting to gain from this enterprise?

It's hard to appreciate it in the moments when you're just sad, missing people, and can only foresee impending loneliness with no bright spots on the horizon. Sure, I'm going to France (again) next week. But I'll be working. Sure I might get to see outside of the hotel this time, but not much. I'm going to Russia for a month in the summer, but I can't quite look forward to it. I'm apprehensive that I'm just going to be even more lonely and also bored. Apparently the kids cousins nanny won't be coming, so rumour has it anyways. So I might just end up with a fuckload of kids to look after. And no company. My summer in France was bearable because I had company, but I may not in Russia.

I miss having friends. And a life. I miss being able to go and see my friends when I want to. I miss having flatmates. I miss flatmates a lot.

I don't even know what I'm doing.

*wangst*

Somebody please solve all my problems and make all my decisions for me. I'm over it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your feeling down Sam.
    Take some time to yourself over the next few days to relax and do some fun things. If after you've re-charged your batteries you still feel like this sit down and think of why you feel like that and what you could do to amerholiate that. If just a couple of small changes will help, work towards those changes. If you decide to take bigger steps know that you can and that there will be those who will support you.
    Feel free to get in touch with me if you need someone to talk to. If you give me a bit of warning I can easily work around the time difference.
    Love and *Hugs*,
    Helen.

    ReplyDelete