Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finally some news!

So my workmate and I had kind of stopped talking about the London thing, we had started to think it would never happen, so figured it best not to make plans and get too excited. I had started looking for a room here, figuring that at I could be closer to work until London got around to happening.... I was honestly just about to take a room here, but was too busy to call up and say that I wanted it, which was turned out lucky- that night my lovely workmate told me that she had just heard that London will be happening, and probably before Christmas!

So all going well another month or six weeks here, and then down to London by Christmas time. Which probably doesn't assist my plan that it's going to snow for Christmas, seeing as London is really in the warmer parts of the country. But hey. Oh, I'm thinking of going to Spain in January. Apparently I have two weeks leave or there about, and it has to be used before April. So I'm thinking of escaping the winter for a little while. I will definitely be well over winter by January. Speaking of adventures, I'm planning on Liverpool next weekend. Not sure why Liverpool, except that I can get a direct train from work an hour after I finish on Friday afternoon. Yes, afternoon. Not evening. I finish at 3.00pm and my train is at 4.00pm. Well 4.08pm. Yay!!! I really don't know anything about Liverpool, except that it has a river called Mersey, and that The Beetles are from there. And the train station is on Lime Street. Which I think might be a main street, but I couldn't be certain. I haven't even organised accommodation yet. This should be a good adventure. I've booked my ticket and that's basically it. And there isn't going to be a hell of a lot of time for organising it this week. I think it will be luck of the draw as to what I get!

In other news, it's terrible to think that it's early November and I've already done all my Christmas shopping, but I really have! All that is left is Dad's birthday present, and I might get a couple of little things in stock for when I figure out who I'll actually be with on Christmas day... Where I'll be on Christmas day! I'm guessing work, but it's all liable to change at a moments notice in this job. And in particular this situation! Technically Christmas day falls at the end of my week of waking night shifts, and I have Christmas day and boxing day off, but it's not really important to me, so I might volunteer for extra shifts. People with children can go home and have a family Christmas, I don't really mind. Besides, I think it is time and half pay, or a day in lieu, or something. Yay extra money! It can go on this holiday I'm planning in January... I'm really going to have to brush-up on my Spanish, it's been years since I studied it!

....and back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment